nihaosingapore Twitter-ing

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 11, 2008

    Food/s of the Day - Mee Goreng & Satay

    I'm trying lots of new foods here. Since we shared fruits and wines from some of our previous travels, I thought I'd share some online. Sunday we went to Singapore's East Coast Park for some local food and to walk around near the water. The Malaysian food was readily available - including some of Tony's favorite "beach" foods.


    We ordered mee goreng and satay. Mee goreng (as I understand) translates as fried (goreng) noodles (mee). Satay is grilled meat - in this case chicken and beef - on a stick and comes with a spicy peanut dipping sauce as well as onion and cucumber to add to the kabob stick.


    Tony also had a Tiger - a local Singaporean beer.

    No comments: